From a functional definition, an electronic connector is a direct connection between two subsystems in an electronic system that provides a separable connection without unacceptable impact on the performance of the electronic connection system.
Separability is the reason why we use connectors to facilitate maintenance and upgrades of subsystems or parts of a system. At the same time, this connection must not have any unacceptable impact on the performance of the system. The requirements for separable and unacceptable limits depend on the specific application requirements of the connector.
The engineers of Zhejiang Lianhe Electronics will give you an analysis from the structural definition. The connector has four structural elements, which are: 1. The contact interface between the terminals (between); Reed; Fourth, the shell of the connector.
The contact interface between the terminals determines the resistance of the terminals, the life of the connector, and the occurrence of failure.
The contact interface between terminals has the following two forms:
1. Separable contact: The connection is formed each time the connector is inserted.
2. Permanent contact: the point where the connector is fixed on the subsystem, and these points are regarded as permanent connections.
The surface treatment of the terminal has two main functions, which are to protect the base material of the terminal reed from rust and to optimize the contact interface between the terminals.
The surface treatment of the terminal is mainly divided into two categories:
1. Precious metal surface treatment is what we call precious metals, that is, inert metals, mainly including gold (Au), palladium (Pd) and their alloys.
2. Non-precious metal surface treatment, tin is the most commonly used non-precious metal surface treatment, because its surface oxide layer is easily destroyed during the connector insertion process.
The terminal spring serves the following three functions:
1. To transmit electricity or signals.
2. Provide terminal positive force to establish and maintain a separable terminal contact interface.
3. Provides connection points for permanent terminal contact interfaces.
The connector housing provides the following four functions:
1. Electrical insulation between terminals.
2. The geometric position of the fixed terminal is conducive to insertion and dimensional stability.
3. Provide mechanical protection and support for the terminals.
4. Isolate the terminals from the application environment and reduce the susceptibility to corrosion.
The above is a detailed explanation of the definition of electronic connectors in terms of function and structure. Zhejiang Lianhe Electronics Co., Ltd. specializes in the production of electronic connectors. Welcome new and old customers to come and buy